Comfort and Joy – Ebook+Audio Bundle
Comfort and Joy – a holiday novella by Karin Kallmaker.
Your choice of downloadable formats of both the ebook and the audio book read by the author.
Ebook file formats: EPUB. Audio formats: a zip file of 12 MP3 chapters, or a single M4B file.
- RUN TIME: 87 minutes
Home from overseas service to surprise her mother, Milla Zajac doesn't expect more than the best apple pie in the world, the bliss of unrationed hot showers, and a quiet, peaceful hometown Christmas. She's not counting on futures or meeting anyone special.
At a chance first meeting on Christmas Eve, soldier Milla and pastor Tyna discover plenty of differences - and unexpected possibilities.
What People are Saying:
- Comfort and Joy at Dear AuthorThe growing attraction and feelings the women experience are delicately delineated with a fine touch…
- Comfort and Joy at the Lesbian ReviewThe dialogue, particularly in conversations between Milla and Tyna, works so well, capturing the first blush of attraction.
- Reader Comments about Comfort and JoyGreat spirit of Christmas story.
- Comfort and Joy at the Lesbian Reading RoomA delightful, gentle tale of an unexpected connection…
- Audio Listeners on Comfort and JoyA sweet holiday romance that is well written and performed.
- Comfort and Joy Audiobook at the Lesbian ReviewThere is a warmth to the author’s reading that works perfectly for this story.
- Comfort and Joy at the Lesbian ReviewWhat a lovely story. I’ll be reading this one again next year.
- words : 15500
- Excerpt - A Graveyard on Christmas Eve
Is it a meet "cute" if they first cross paths in a graveyard? Maybe not, but it's memorable.
The opening scene of this story came to me all at once after hearing Ed Sheeran's "The A Team." I enjoyed writing this novella so much, including the research, and am grateful to servicemember friends who helped me get the details right. Anything that's not right is my own doing.
But Lord Spellcheck, seriously, the Army spells it "duffel" and that's how I'm spelling it. They know more about duffels than either of us.