Wind in Her Hair – A Coin of Love Romance – eBook
Wind in Her Hair, A Coin of Love Romance by Karin Kallmaker. Irene is on a road trip to romance but she doesn’t know it. Yet.
Coupon code YESIAM for 10% off will be applied automatically at checkout. Want to save 20%? Your purchase unlocks EPUB format for download. (EPUB is now standard format for Kindle.)
Are you looking for another book in this series?
The Coin of Love Series: Women discover the magic they need to find the love they deserve.
She’s on a road trip to romance but doesn’t know it. Yet.
Irene Carson has always been what everyone else needed her to be. She abided by her husband’s edicts, raised her daughter through the Depression and War, and took care of whatever needed doing for the church. Now that her daughter has inherited her father’s role in his ministry, Irene realizes that Sissy wants her to go on being exactly the same, as befits a widow and matron.
Certain that her life is at a turning point but having no means to change the road she’s on, Irene is stunned by the gift of a beautiful touring car. Over Sissy's strenuous objections and equipped with maps, sunglasses, and a full tank of gas, she sets out on a road trip all by herself for the first time in her life.
Irene has no goal in mind but to see something new. She gets her wish — and a great deal more.
Join Karin Kallmaker for a journey to California in 1952, where a woman yearns to escape from her conventional, constrained life, and a magical coin is determined to help.
Wind in Her Hair is told in the style of a 1950s fade-to-black romance. Books in this series can be read in any order.
What People are Saying:
- The Beginnings of Lesbian Pulp Fiction in Wind in Her HairIt’s worth reading the notes at the end of the book to learn a little more about Kallmaker’s inspiration and a rumination on the beginning ...
- Wind in Her Hair is Unexpected and InspiringThis was such an unexpected and inspiring book.
- Wind in Her Hair – You Can’t Stop Till the End!Such a lovely story… You can’t stop till the end!
- The Subtle Liberation of Irene C – Wind in Her HairI loved the big nod to the early pioneers of lesbian fiction Ann Bannon and Marijane Meaker who were beacons to those searching for more.
- Authentic Period Detail in Wind in Her HairIf you are looking for a strong, independent heroine, you will discover her…
- Could Make Me Believe a Sheet of Plywood was a Beautiful, Emotional Creature…She has a gift for imagery and metaphor that adds sumptuous layers…
- Wonderful Sense of Humour – Wind in Her HairI love the interactions between Irene and the coin which for an ‘inanimate’ object has a wonderful sense of humour.
- Wind in Her Hair Has You Rooting for LoveThe writer has crafted the characters well, and you can’t help but empathise with Irene.
- Spreading Her Wings in the Sun – Wind in Her Hair ReviewA 5 star read that I highly recommend. – Gail at Kindle Canada
- words : 35000
- Excerpt - Plain Ol’ Irene
- I remember the first time I drove my own car somewhere simply because I wanted to. Irene has never had that kind of freedom. I think she should make the most of it.