Fleeing the ruins of her life and relationship, Rayann Germaine rents a room from bookstore owner Louisa Thatcher. Decades older, Louisa offers shelter and work—and eventually passion that takes them both by surprise.
Falling in love, and into bed, turns out to be the easy part. Rayann’s mother disapproves of a liaison with a woman her own contemporary. Louisa’s son blames Rayann for revelations about his mother’s past and present that he does not want to accept. Friends universally agree that it can’t last.
These doubts would be easier to withstand if Rayann wasn’t already worried about sustaining the interest of a fascinating woman with a lifetime of experiences. Louisa isn’t sure she has any right to lay claim to the future of a much younger woman. Their only common ground seems to be the searing attraction that they can’t deny.
The 30th Anniversary Edition of this classic includes restored scenes, the author’s foreword, and short story “The Curve of Her.”
- Listener Comments about Touchwood 30th Anniversary AudioSublime age-gap f/f romance – Swoon for Angela Dawe’s spectacular, emotionally vibrant narration!
- Reader Comments about TouchwoodOne of the few books about a older woman with a younger woman. Both sensitive and serious as well as filled with humor.
- Touchwood at Bay WindowsA wonderful book…truly outstanding.
- Touchwood 30th Anniversary Audio at Lez Review BooksAngela Dawe is the narrator and is the perfect choice to do this novel justice.
- Touchwood and Watermark at Bay Area ReporterA wonderfully written, wonderfully entertaining novel.
- Reader Comments about Touchwood 30th Anniversary EditionThis is a wonderful story that has continued to be a winner. I now understand why Touchwood is a favourite for many readers.