Painted Moon 25th Anniversary Edition – Paperback
Painted Moon 25th Anniversary Edition by Karin Kallmaker
If you want to personalize what Karin writes in the book, do not use Apple or Google Pay as they will skip the step where you can add a note to your order. USPS Media Mail is free.
Cursing the familial obligation that sent her into the path of a blizzard, Jackie Frakes is deeply grateful for rescue on a snow-choked mountain road, even if her rescuer’s reception is as cold as the Sierra Nevada high country.
Leah Beck spends her days in a twilight of grief, actively avoiding all reminders of her former life as an artist whose work was exhibited nationwide. A houseguest for Thanksgiving is disruptive and painful, and the very last thing she wanted.
The snowbound weekend leaves them with an unforgettable, undeniable attraction that challenges both of their personal and professional commitments. Leah turns to her art with renewed inspiration while Jackie seizes control of her future. But will these new paths lead back to each other? Or will that stunning weekend together be their last?One of Karin Kallmaker’s most enduring, popular novels, Painted Moon 25th Anniversary Edition features a new foreword by the author, and additional next chapters for Jackie and Leah, including a previously unpublished story.
What People are Saying:
- Painted Moon at the Midwest Review of BooksClassic Kallmaker elements with interesting characters, wry wit and steamy love scenes.
- Reader Comments about Painted Moon 25th Anniversary EditionThe extra chapters at the end was FANTASTIC!!
- Painted Moon 25 at The Lesbian Review25th Anniversary Edition: One of Sheena’s Favourite Lesbian Books
- Painted Moon 25 at Lez Review BooksThis lesbian classic audiobook is a good way to immerse yourself in the past and be happy for what we’ve got now.
- Painted Moon at Alabama Forum GaietyWonderfully written with believable and lovable characters, this is a terrific and moving lesbian novel…
- Painted Moon at the Lesbian Review of BooksPainted Moon is a classic that could very well become the next Curious Wine… has the compelling storyline and strong writing that will deservedly ...
- Painted Moon at Our OwnThere’s no doubt that Painted Moon will take you on an emotional roller coaster, but you will certainly enjoy the ride… Beautifully sensitive.
- Painted Moon at Lambda Book ReportA classic Kallmaker romance – Painted Moon is as steamy as readers like it to be. The story is a good one, the characters are realistic.
- Reader Comments about Painted Moon…Well written, romantic and comparable to Curious Wine, which I also loved.
- Painted Moon at Bay Area ReporterKallmaker’s writing gets better and better, her observations on the life lesbian more and more astute. Painted Moon is a very good romance novel with ...
- Audio Listeners on Painted Moon 25Abby Craden’s fine narration brings it all together. The extra two short stories in this anniversary edition tie a lovely bow on the ending.
- words: 61500
- All About Painted Moon – 25th Anniversary EditionIncludes short stories "Smudges" and "Living Canvas."
It was daunting to update my now classic story. I was reminded of the realities that lack of civil rights created, realities that didn't have to be explained 25 years ago. Realities that a younger reader couldn't fathom as normal. I talk more about this in the introduction to this new edition.
I'm really pleased to have the short story "Smudges" (previously only available in the Frosting on the Cake collection) and a brand new short story "Living Canvas" included to update everyone on where Jackie and Leah are now.