The Coin of Love Series can be read in any order. The stories are connected by the presence of a magical coin that decides if the woman holding it deserves its powers. With subtle and not-so-subtle suggestions and guidance, Nomisma is the courage that some women need to see the obvious happiness that is right in front of them.
Some stories are set in the distant past, others could be happening right now. Living situations for women vary across time, and yet they can (and certainly did!) find love with each other. Sometimes through compromise and subterfuge. Sometimes able to be gloriously, unapologetically open about their love.
Every story is inspired by a subject or place I wanted to explore where I could highlight how sapphic women survive and thrive. Often they begin with the question, “How would it feel to be…”.
What People are Saying:
- Authentic Period Detail in Wind in Her HairIf you are looking for a strong, independent heroine, you will discover her…
- Wind in Her Hair is Unexpected and InspiringThis was such an unexpected and inspiring book.
- Goodreads Reviews for Knight of NightsThis story is unique, full of magic and adventure, love and nature and spirituality.
- Knight of Nights Voted Historical Romance of the Month!I Heart SapphFic readers have voted Knight of Night the Historical Romance of the Month!
- Knight of Nights at Lou Morgan’s ReviewsThe way Kirstine and Skyra build a life together without any blueprint or social safety net is nothing short of inspirational.
- The Beginnings of Lesbian Pulp Fiction in Wind in Her HairIt’s worth reading the notes at the end of the book to learn a little more about Kallmaker’s inspiration and a rumination on the beginning ...
- A Love Letter to Librarians – Review of Checked OutRecommend with 5 stars and look forward to the next book in the series.
- I Heart SapphFic Book of the Month! – Wind in Her HairWind in Her Hair voted I Heart SapphFic Historical Romance of the Month!
- The Subtle Liberation of Irene C – Wind in Her HairI loved the big nod to the early pioneers of lesbian fiction Ann Bannon and Marijane Meaker who were beacons to those searching for more.
- A Great Idea for a SeriesIt is definitely a romance and if you haven’t read Ms Kallmaker’s Coin of Love series you are missing out.
- Velvet in Venice at the Lesbian Review – “Perfect Romance”A tiny touch of magic makes everything better, even an already perfect romance.
- A Spirited Librarian and a Wounded Warrior – Checked Out ReviewChristmas cheer, community, healing and attraction, even love.
- Velvet in Venice – “Highly Recommended for Drama-Free, Sweet, Adult Love Story”Nikki sings her way into Artie’s heart and music plays a key element to their interactions.
- So Much Joy and Happiness – Reader Review of Checked OutKarin has a great writing style. The humor in this book is wonderful.
- Could Make Me Believe a Sheet of Plywood was a Beautiful, Emotional Creature…She has a gift for imagery and metaphor that adds sumptuous layers…
- Spreading Her Wings in the Sun – Wind in Her Hair ReviewA 5 star read that I highly recommend. – Gail at Kindle Canada
- Librarian Bona Fide Review – Checked OutBesides all the correct librarian content… I had to stop reading more than once to get more snacks.
- Steely Resolve Faces Down Intimidation – Checked Out ReviewRecommend with 5 stars and look forward to the next book in the series.
- Reader Comments about Velvet in VeniceA lovely sweet story of two young women following their dreams.
- Velvet in Venice – ” Beautiful story in a wonderful place”Velvet in Venice had a beautiful ending, just what we need these days.
- Wonderful Sense of Humour – Wind in Her HairI love the interactions between Irene and the coin which for an ‘inanimate’ object has a wonderful sense of humour.
- Wind in Her Hair Has You Rooting for LoveThe writer has crafted the characters well, and you can’t help but empathise with Irene.
- Velvet in Venice – “Gorgeous Read”A very well written and gorgeous little read with a bit of magical realism thrown in.
- Love Story is Between Irene and Herself – Jude in the Stars“Irene is a very strong character, once she realizes she can be.” – Jude in the Stars
- Search Your Jar of Change!This quick smooth read will leave plenty of time to search your jar of change to find your own ancient coin of love.
- She Can’t Write the Coin of Love Books Quickly Enough for Me!Checked Out is a sweet heartwarming story that just begs to be read in the run up to the festive season.
- Knight of Nights – Rachel Lacey at The Lesbian ReviewThe ending is wonderful and filled my heart with hope and love.
- Wind in Her Hair – You Can’t Stop Till the End!Such a lovely story… You can’t stop till the end!