Unbeliever – Love is Magic is Love – eBook
Unbeliever by Karin Kallmaker. An alluring new neighbor challenges everything Hayley doesn’t believe in, including love.
Coupon code YESIAM for 15% off will be applied automatically at checkout. Want to save 30%?
How long is 34,000+ words? About half the length of many novels, e.g. Just Like That. Your purchase unlocks epub, Kindle, non-Kindle mobi and PDF formats for download.
Professor Hayley Carnegie has no time to figure out why a large book full of blank pages has been delivered to her doorstep. University politics don't matter, her research doesn't matter. Her entire life is wrapped around caring for her twin, Kylie. As the New England winter sharpens both sisters know that Kylie will not see the spring.
New neighbor Aurora Lowell is immediately sympathetic, helpful ... and alluring. But Hayley has no time for that either. It's a completely different side of Aurora that Hayley experiences when she chances to open the book by firelight and muses aloud the vaguely familiar words that appear on the old pages...
Karin Kallmaker combines a cat named Bast, a magic book, and new romance in an unforgettable story. Originally written for the anthology Bell, Book and Dyke: New Exploits of Magical Lesbians.
What People are Saying:
- Unbeliever Review by Tara ScottIt’s my favourite that I’ve read by Karin Kallmaker and I can’t recommend it highly enough.
- Unbeliever Review by LezReviewBooksI’ve always been impressed with her writing but this novella was even better than I expected.
- Bell Book and Dyke – Goldie FinalistBell, Book and Dyke: New Exploits of Magical Lesbians This collection of four novellas was a finalist at the 2006 Golden Crown Literary Society Awards for ...
- Reader Comments about UnbelieverAs close to perfection as I have ever read…
- Bell, Book and Dyke at Golden Threads“Some magic both in and out of relationships, some amusing twists on both magic and Druidism, and totally enjoyable for those who have a more ...
- words: 34400
Choosing between my stories for favorites is like choosing between my children: Impossible. That said, I have to admit, this novella is indeed one of my favorites. What could be more magical than being a woman who loves women? Women are magic, we all know that.
Statement from the Office of Obvious: If I'm writing about lesbians and magic, you know there's going to be a cat.
Unbeliever originally appeared in Bell, Book and Dyke (Bella Books, 2005). Revision ©2017.