The Coin of Love Series: Women discover the magic they need to find the love they deserve.
Left in charge of clan and lands while menfolk sail away to the Crusades, Lady Kirstine rides to the aid of the local Green Woman whose medicines once saved Kirstine’s life. She’s stunned to find the woman already ably defended by a warrior — a knight with no clan and no memory.
An axe-bearing knight like no other Kirstine has ever met. Who looks at her as no one ever has before.
In a time of forgotten pasts and uncertain futures, two strong hearts must find the path to each other.
Books in this series can be read in any order.
- Wind in Her Hair – You Can’t Stop Till the End!Such a lovely story… You can’t stop till the end!
- Librarian Bona Fide Review – Checked OutBesides all the correct librarian content… I had to stop reading more than once to get more snacks.
- Reader Comments about Velvet in VeniceA lovely sweet story of two young women following their dreams.
- Steely Resolve Faces Down Intimidation – Checked Out ReviewRecommend with 5 stars and look forward to the next book in the series.
- Wind in Her Hair Has You Rooting for LoveThe writer has crafted the characters well, and you can’t help but empathise with Irene.
- Spreading Her Wings in the Sun – Wind in Her Hair ReviewA 5 star read that I highly recommend. – Gail at Kindle Canada
- Knight of Nights at Lou Morgan’s ReviewsThe way Kirstine and Skyra build a life together without any blueprint or social safety net is nothing short of inspirational.
- Wonderful Sense of Humour – Wind in Her HairI love the interactions between Irene and the coin which for an ‘inanimate’ object has a wonderful sense of humour.
- Goodreads Reviews for Knight of NightsThis story is unique, full of magic and adventure, love and nature and spirituality.
- Love Story is Between Irene and Herself – Jude in the Stars“Irene is a very strong character, once she realizes she can be.” – Jude in the Stars
- I Heart SapphFic Book of the Month! – Wind in Her HairWind in Her Hair voted I Heart SapphFic Historical Romance of the Month!
- Velvet in Venice at the Lesbian Review – “Perfect Romance”A tiny touch of magic makes everything better, even an already perfect romance.
- The Subtle Liberation of Irene C – Wind in Her HairI loved the big nod to the early pioneers of lesbian fiction Ann Bannon and Marijane Meaker who were beacons to those searching for more.
- The Beginnings of Lesbian Pulp Fiction in Wind in Her HairIt’s worth reading the notes at the end of the book to learn a little more about Kallmaker’s inspiration and a rumination on the beginning ...
- A Love Letter to Librarians – Review of Checked OutRecommend with 5 stars and look forward to the next book in the series.
- A Spirited Librarian and a Wounded Warrior – Checked Out ReviewChristmas cheer, community, healing and attraction, even love.
- She Can’t Write the Coin of Love Books Quickly Enough for Me!Checked Out is a sweet heartwarming story that just begs to be read in the run up to the festive season.
- Velvet in Venice – “Highly Recommended for Drama-Free, Sweet, Adult Love Story”Nikki sings her way into Artie’s heart and music plays a key element to their interactions.
- Velvet in Venice – ” Beautiful story in a wonderful place”Velvet in Venice had a beautiful ending, just what we need these days.
- Authentic Period Detail in Wind in Her HairIf you are looking for a strong, independent heroine, you will discover her…
- Knight of Nights – Rachel Lacey at The Lesbian ReviewThe ending is wonderful and filled my heart with hope and love.
- Velvet in Venice – “Gorgeous Read”A very well written and gorgeous little read with a bit of magical realism thrown in.
- Knight of Nights Voted Historical Romance of the Month!I Heart SapphFic readers have voted Knight of Night the Historical Romance of the Month!
- So Much Joy and Happiness – Reader Review of Checked OutKarin has a great writing style. The humor in this book is wonderful.
- A Great Idea for a SeriesIt is definitely a romance and if you haven’t read Ms Kallmaker’s Coin of Love series you are missing out.
- Wind in Her Hair is Unexpected and InspiringThis was such an unexpected and inspiring book.
- Search Your Jar of Change!This quick smooth read will leave plenty of time to search your jar of change to find your own ancient coin of love.
- Could Make Me Believe a Sheet of Plywood was a Beautiful, Emotional Creature…She has a gift for imagery and metaphor that adds sumptuous layers…