Touchwood 30th Anniversary Edition – Paperback
Touchwood 30th Anniversary Edition by Karin Kallmaker
If you want to personalize what Karin writes in the book, do not use Apple or Google Pay as they will skip the step where you can add a note to your order. USPS Media Mail is free.
Fleeing the ruins of her life and relationship, Rayann Germaine rents a room from bookstore owner Louisa Thatcher. Decades older, Louisa offers shelter and work—and eventually passion that takes them both by surprise.
Falling in love, and into bed, turns out to be the easy part. Rayann’s mother disapproves of a liaison with a woman her own contemporary. Louisa’s son blames Rayann for revelations about his mother’s past and present that he does not want to accept. Friends universally agree that it can’t last.
These doubts would be easier to withstand if Rayann wasn’t already worried about sustaining the interest of a fascinating woman with a lifetime of experiences. Louisa isn’t sure she has any right to lay claim to the future of a much younger woman. Their only common ground seems to be the searing attraction that they can’t deny.
The 30th Anniversary Edition of this classic includes restored scenes, the author's foreword, and short story "The Curve of Her."
What People are Saying:
- Listener Comments about Touchwood 30th Anniversary AudioSublime age-gap f/f romance – Swoon for Angela Dawe’s spectacular, emotionally vibrant narration!
- Reader Comments about TouchwoodOne of the few books about a older woman with a younger woman. Both sensitive and serious as well as filled with humor.
- Touchwood 30th Anniversary Audio at Lez Review BooksAngela Dawe is the narrator and is the perfect choice to do this novel justice.
- Reader Comments about Touchwood 30th Anniversary EditionThis is a wonderful story that has continued to be a winner. I now understand why Touchwood is a favourite for many readers.
- Touchwood and Watermark at Bay Area ReporterA wonderfully written, wonderfully entertaining novel.
- Touchwood at Bay WindowsA wonderful book…truly outstanding.
- words: 78500
- All About Touchwood – 30th Anniversary EditionIncludes short story "The Curve of Her."
How can it be thirty years since the love story of Rayann and Louisa made its way out into the world? Half my brain accepts that events of that time are ancient history now, but the other half feels like I wrote this story merely “a while back.”
It’s strange to realize that an age-gap romance I wrote in part to claim history for an older lesbian is now itself a step back in time for the younger woman’s world view as well. As I revisited it I fell for them both all over again. If you don’t know their story, I truly hope you will fall for them as well.
It was a pleasure to add a foreword that sets the stage for the Gay 90s and provides some history on how this novel even made it to print — it nearly didn’t! Best of all, I got to add back deleted scenes, making it truly “the author’s cut.” There’s also a follow-up short story that has finally been united with its inspiration, giving Louisa the final word.
As I was preparing this new edition I was struck by how much the world had changed - and not changed - in the 30 years since its publication. One such musing was about what Louisa would have liked in today's world. After being able to marry Rayann, I concluded Louisa would have loved Gentleman Jack. I wrote all about that at the Bella Media Channel here.