Love by the Numbers – Paperback
Love by the Numbers by Karin Kallmaker
All paperbacks are signed. If you want Karin to write something personal in the book, do not use Apple or Google Pay - they will skip the step where you can add a note to your order. USPS Media Mail is free.
As a behavioral scientist, Professor Nicole Hathaway’s work strips away the foolish mystique that surrounds the human mating dance. When her academic tome is treated as a viral “love manual” her ecstatic publisher books her to appear all over the U.S. and Europe. Worse yet, her quiet, managed life has been shattered by a series of incompetent assistants. And she’s certain this Lily Smith creature isn’t going to be any less a burden than the last assistant they sent her. Or the one before that. Or before that...
Lillian Linden-Smith needs this job. With a relentless TV lawyer and public mob still out for her blood for crimes committed by her “American royalty” parents, getting out of the country is her only hope for anonymity. If that means cleaning up and presenting an antisocial know-it-all Ph.D. for bookstores, clubs and lectures, fine. Dr. Hathaway may have succeeded in driving away all the others, but not this time.
From their first meeting the sparks fly, and each is thinking: She has no idea who she’s dealing with.
It’s hate at first sight in this love adventure from the author of Above Temptation, Roller Coaster and dozens of other best-selling, award-winning novels.
What People are Saying:
- Love by the Numbers at the Lesbian Reading RoomThis had my dopamine, seratonin and oxytocin levels creeping higher and higher…
- “Another Win” – Lambda Literary Review of Love by the NumbersLambda Literary says Love by the Numbers is another win for Kallmaker to the delight of readers everywhere…
- Love by the Numbers at Romance Novels for FeministsBalance between intellectual and emotional pleasures…
- Love by the Numbers at the Lambda Literary ReviewJust the right amount of tension to make the nerve endings buzz.
- Love by the Numbers at Dear AuthorI like to see a couple fall in love outside of the bedroom…
- Reader Comments about Love by the NumbersA bonus: fun use of exotic locales. Well done, brain-engaging romance.
- Love by the Numbers – Lammy FinalistLove by the Numbers Finalist for the 2014 Lambda Literary Awards: Best Lesbian Romance.
- Love by the Numbers at Frivolous ViewsAdded to my ‘re-read’ pile!
- Love by the Numbers at Lez Review BooksThis traditional lesbian romance book was charming with fantastic dialogues that just appealed to the nerd in me.
- Lily from Love by the Numbers 1 of Most Endearing Characters at LezReviewBooksThe future you planned, the family and friends are gone and what’s left can be packed into a small suitcase. This is Lily’s world. ...
- words : 95000
- Excerpt - Leaving New York
Real places to explore! London's National Portrait Gallery and Marostica's Human Chess are both quite real. Many thanks to Facebookers Georgi, Beth, Jackie, Jacky, Jane, Kerstin, Eileen, Minna and Karen for suggestions of places Lily and Nicole should visit on their not-really-buddies road trip.
Not since Paperback Romance have I had this much fun going so many places!