A big shout out to I Heart SapphFic for their reader ranked voting that selects Books of the Month for numerous genres, and then votes among those for Book of the Year.
Cowboys and Kisses was voted the Historical Romance of the Year, topping off a great year in reader happiness for a short novel that is realistic about the lives of women on the American frontier and leads to a soaring happy ever after as they find a way forward to be together. Being the winner of a popular choice vote is really touching.
What People are Saying:
- Cowboys and Kisses Voted Historical Romance of the Year!I Heart SapphFic readers have voted Cowboys and Kisses the historical romance of the year!
- Cowboys and Kisses Audio at Lez Review BooksVery good narration for an excellent novella. 4.5 stars.
- Cowboys and Kisses Reviewed at Jude in the StarsThis is a very interesting book, as much for the story as because of who wrote it. There’s not a single second of doubt that ...
- Grit and Heart – Cowboys and Kisses at Lou Morgan’s ReviewsNever has a fictional character’s Happily Ever After delighted me more.
- A Gift of Romance and Evolution – Cowboy and KissesOverall, I really enjoyed the read, so much so that the epilogue brought a tear to my eye. It was just so cute.
- Cowboys and Kisses Audio at The Lesbian ReviewThe emotions flowed through the narration as clearly as if Etter was the girl telling me her story.
- Listener Reviews of Cowboys and Kisses AudiobookThe heat of a prairie fire and the bold passion these women share is portrayed in vivid, poetic language.
- Cowboys and Kisses Highly Recommended – The Lesbian Review…Searching for a touching and steamy historical romance with fully fleshed out characters, then look no further…this is the perfect story for you!
- Harsh Realities Carried Gently in Sensuous Prose – Cowboy and KissesLimited and often harsh options of unattached women were starkly depicted but carried gently in an almost sensuous prose…
- Poignant and Authentic- Cowboys and Kisses at Queer Aussie Reviews…A look into the struggle women faced in the American West during the nineteenth century, and Karin has written it as masterfully as expected.
- Cowboys and Kisses Reviewed at Lez Review BooksA fine balance between romance and reality . . . intimate scenes are beautifully appropriate for the period.
- Satisfying and Cathartic – Cowboys and Kisses5 stars! So, so satisfying and cathartic to see that they were allowed to have their happy ending!
- Cowboys and Kisses – Very Pleased with the Ending!At times heartbreaking, but overall hopeful, I really loved Darlin’s story and was very pleased with the ending.
- Reader Comments about Cowboys and KissesThe heat of a prairie fire and the bold passion these women share is portrayed in vivid, poetic language.