This edition has been replaced by the Painted Moon 25th Anniversary Edition.
Meet Jackie Frakes, a talented architectural intern. Her life has fallen into unsatisfying patterns, both personally and professionally.
Renowned artist Leah Beck is exhibited in galleries nationwide. But her life has darkened with the death of her lover, Sharla.
Trapped by a mountain snowstorm over Thanksgiving weekend, Jackie is rescued by Leah. The snowbound weekend in Leah’s cabin shakes the very foundations of Jackie’s life. As for Leah, Jackie provides renewal and inspiration for her work. But … exhibition of Painted Moon, her new series, will reveal Leah as never before, as a lesbian artist.
Their relationship increasingly torn by conflict and misunderstanding, the winter weekend together will surely be their last. Then intervention comes … from a most unlikely source.
One of Karin Kallmaker’s most popular novels, Painted Moon has achieved the status of a timeless classic.
Fans of this book won’t want to miss the follow-up short story “Smudges” in Frosting on the Cake 1: The Original. “Smudges” is also included in the 25th Anniversary Edition.
- Painted Moon at the Lesbian Review of BooksPainted Moon is a classic that could very well become the next Curious Wine… has the compelling storyline and strong writing that will deservedly ...
- Painted Moon at Our OwnThere’s no doubt that Painted Moon will take you on an emotional roller coaster, but you will certainly enjoy the ride… Beautifully sensitive.
- Painted Moon at Alabama Forum GaietyWonderfully written with believable and lovable characters, this is a terrific and moving lesbian novel…
- Painted Moon at MegaSceneAn exciting story which might give the reader the courage to make whatever changes must be made in her life. Look for this engrossing book!
- Reader Comments about Painted Moon…Well written, romantic and comparable to Curious Wine, which I also loved.
- Painted Moon at the Midwest Review of BooksClassic Kallmaker elements with interesting characters, wry wit and steamy love scenes.
- Painted Moon at Lambda Book ReportA classic Kallmaker romance – Painted Moon is as steamy as readers like it to be. The story is a good one, the characters are realistic.
- Painted Moon at Bay Area ReporterKallmaker’s writing gets better and better, her observations on the life lesbian more and more astute. Painted Moon is a very good romance novel with ...