Just Like That – Paperback
Just Like That by Karin Kallmaker
If you want to personalize what Karin writes in the book, do not use Apple or Google Pay as they will skip the step where you can add a note to your order. USPS Media Mail is free.
Syrah Ardani tried independence - but the call of the Napa Valley hills and rolling vineyards of her family's winery have brought her home again. She is content with her ordered world until she learns that her father's feckless management has put Ardani Vineyards into receivership.
Corporate turnaround specialist Toni Blanchard's arrival is preceded by tales of her slash-and-burn techniques. Determined to meet this soulless corporate raider head on, Syrah proudly prepares to do battle for her home and family business.
Toni has reason to retreat from a high-pressure Manhattan lifestyle, not the least of which is a bitter break up. She's been told that Syrah Ardani is attractive and single, but Toni never mixes business and pleasure.
Creditors clamor for a quick sale and payment. The beautiful - and hostile - Syrah wants Toni off her land and out of her life. Their clashes smolder with distrust and resentment, but also threaten to light a completely different kind of fire.
Most dangerous of all is the one thing Toni can't control - the way her heart reacts when Syrah looks at her ... just like that.
A very lesbian update of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.
What People are Saying:
- Just Like That at MegaSceneWine buffs, as well as lovers of a good romance, will enjoy this excellent read.
- Just Like That – Lammy FinalistJust Like That Finalist for the 2005 Lambda Literary Awards: Best Lesbian Romance.
- Just Like That at the Lesbian Talk ShowTara and Sheena from the Lesbian Review devote this episode of The Lesbian Talk Show to Just Like that by Karin Kallmaker.
- Just Like That at The Lesbian ReviewThe best kind of romance. It has lesbians, just enough angst and a delightful wit and writing style.
- Reader Comments about Just Like ThatIt wasn’t that long ago I thought romance novels had nothing to offer a sophisticated reader. I was wrong…
- Just Like That at Golden Threads“…Sparks have been created and things happen that were definitely not planned. A sweet romance for a rainy afternoon.” – Golden Threads
- Just Like That at Family & FriendsA marvelous story of two head-strong women.
- Just Like That – Goldie Winner!Just Like That Winner of a Goldie award for Best Lesbian Romance at the Golden Crown Literary Society’s 2006 Awards Ceremony.
- Just Like That at Midwest Book ReviewA new look at prejudice and a different view of pride all painted with the dark purple of a fruity Shiraz.
- Just Like That at Smart Bitches, Trashy BooksIf you’re at all into reinterpretations of classic literature or have been wondering what Karin Kallmaker’s writing is like, I highly recommend Just Like That.
- words: 64000
- All About Just Like ThatFans of Just Like That won't want to miss "The Beautiful Expression of Her Dark Eyes" in Frosting on the Cake 2: Second Helpings.
Pride and Prejudice, the mother of romance genre novels. It's a great favorite, and there isn't a version I don't like. If you haven't seen the Bollywood version Bride and Prejudice, go do that, like really, really soon.